ANIMATED NARRATIVES – WEEK 8

TITLE CARD DESIGN

I was in charge of designing title cards for our animation. I reused some old storyboards from Week 3 and decided to go for an old cartoon style, like Tom And Jerry. I decided to draw one bunny being chased as one bunny was enough to convey the tone of our animation and having multiple bunnies would crowd the drawing. For the characters I decided to use simple shapes instead of giving them detail as I would need to choose which of the bunnies to draw, add unnecesary details and give away the ending of the story. I decided to reuse an old concept design I used when creating the storyboards.

For the colours I used Reds, oranges, yellows and blues. The red background helps convey danger, yellow stripes convey warning, fox is orange and bunnies are blue to contrast against the fox and warm background, showing the fox is dangerous. warm colours are used to convey danger and are associated with

I’m quite happy with how they turned out and by reusing my favourite storyboards it’s saved me a lot more time than coming up with more creative ideas and it feel more connected with the animation as well.

USING SHAPE KEYS AND DRIVERS

LINKS AND REFERENCES USED: