Animation Studio – Week 6 Decision Time – Charley Flint

Decision Time

Finally it came the week that we had to choose which world we would stay in permanently and devote all of our energy towards this world. I ended up choosing the “Demon Portal” World. I had quite a few reasons for choosing this world. The main reason I was so interested in growing this world was because I was part of the group that originally came up with the Demon Portal concept. I enjoyed fleshing out the idea when we first came up with it, because of this I thought I would have a greater knowledge in this world and would enjoy it the most.

Unfortunately as the groups had changed for many weeks so did the idea. The demon portal world that I originally left behind was completely different in many ways. This meant throughout this project I had to learn to adapt my thinking. Forget about the old world because it was gone, it was completely different in both positive and negative ways. Many of the ideas that I loved about the world in the first week were gone completely leaving me with a world I didn’t recognize. This would prove to make it hard for me to adjust to the new climate. This also meant that I quickly lost a lot of passion that I had for this world, I think that this effecting the final out come of my animation as I wasn’t as invested into the world that I originally had been. I think losing this passion for a world makes a lot of people hit an art block which had happened to me for a while. Everything I drew for the world I hated because it felt forced.