Week 3 IXD 301 Feedback, Portfolio so far.

This week was by far the best for advancing my design thinking as I received some extremely useful feedback. As a class, we placed our work onto a Miro board and gave each other feedback on our designs. For me, it was extremely nice to get feedback on where I could improve and where I went right because it gave me some improvements that no the face of it was obvious but I had overlooked them. Fresh eyes are always useful.

As a designer, I follow the minimalist approach typically because I think it’s a lot more clean, clean is a goal of mine because I believe it looks professional and it helps with cognitive overload and also with usability. My use of arrows was criticized by both my peers and my tutor which I completely understand why my thinking was I would create a visual link between text and image but this could also be done by spacing out my content so the text to image link was obvious leaving the arrow system redundant.

This more simple approach looks much more minimalist and a lot cleaner so I was very grateful for this feedback.

My tutor mentioned that a page linking my landing page to my case studies would also look a lot better and so I designed two case sty pages one for branding and one for UX/UI. After a bit of research I found this design solution.

I call this page an intersection it’s basically like two large buttons giving the user a feeling of more control over what they get to see as opposed to having all my Case studies on a singular long page which can feel quite tiring.

This will also help if the user is more interested in my UX work as opposed to my Branding work giving more control for the user.

In dividing up my content I was also able to implement another piece of feedback I receive which was the spacing between my text.

As you can see from the image my text had different sized gaps between them with visually looks rough. so dividing my content in the new was I have it kills two birds with one stone by both getting rid of the arrow system and fixing my problem with single spacing and double spacing.