A Reflection Blog on world of Animation

A Reflection Blog on world of Animation

After Completion of this first year course of “World of animation” I have definitely felt that I have learnt a lot on the history of Animation. In the start of the course I felt like they were very good in getting the class course to come together in taking part in tasks and the lectures were also vere interactive with the class and to questions. I piratically learnt a lot from the class students and from the lectures. Thought-out the course we were taught of examples of animations and the Disney’s 12 rules of animation.  In class lecture would go in great long details on topics of inspirational animations and used them as a way of giving the class a source of inspiration and a example of what an amination done well.  The animations shown was very broad in the sense of where and how it was made. Showing a diverse range of different countries animation. The class lecture took in to account on the influences of the making of the animation that could have been from, Country culture, History or popular story’s and fair tales. The class lesions explaining the methods of the time of making the animation and what over the years later inspirited other animations or animators to do the same. I only wish that the class animation we watch were a bit more recent because sometimes the old classical animation was very interesting to see how they did things but I wish we were able to see what the animation today do and what may influence. However maybe we are planned to do that for the Second year of the course?

Later on in the World of animation course we were paired up to into groups to research a counties animations. I picked France animations because I use to do some research on the topic of French films. I was put in the group with George and Asia and I definably had great luck in being able to work with a great group who did there work and help in all aspects of the task. I made lots of friends around the class thought-out the first year course and very happy about it. In the research task of French animations we all decided to make the Poster research topic surrounding around its history of animation in France.  We found out very early on that France has a rich history of animation and being one of the first pioneer of animation and films. We design the idea of our poster having a timeline of the years and plan to date the important years and subjects that was important in the France animation companies. looking at their technology, their influences of the time. For example, during the years of 1939 and 1944 France was occupied by the Germans in WW2 and afterwards the animations would be more darker and realism. later culture movements also appeared just as French New waves. We did find problems on what software we planned to use to create these poster and eventually we all agreed to used Krita because we all had it and knew well enough how to use it. We planned more stuff outside of class on discords, helping out in potential research for other members in the group and anything that seemed interesting to share as a group. We split the poster up equally in thirds so everyone had somewhere to write on and work on. In the presentation of the poster I felt my group did well. i was happy about the feedback from my lectures and the tips and helpful criticism of the poster to better improve my poster for the final presentation. my group was quick in the correction and improvements changes.

Overall, I’m glad of the course and my group. I’m happy with the work I’ve done and I am very keen on what next year’s animation research will look into in class. Thank you very much.