Week 11 – One-to-One feedback & Animation Progress

This week were tasked with continuing work on our Group Animation, working towards the final product and completing them. We also would have a One on One with a tutor to review our progress so far, and to see if there’s anything that could be added/ tweaked to improve what we’re doing

Feedback Tutorial

My feedback tutorial was with Patricia, she took a lot at my animation thus fair, and offered her insights and thoughts on what I’ve done so far, and what I can do to improve it.

Her notes main consisted of recommending that I adjust the timing of the Chimeras ‘pounce’,  by giving it a bit of anticipation time, or even a few extra frame where it lowers itself before it pounces.

She also suggested that I could move the ‘mid-pounce’ arms so they’re more uneven, which might look a bit more natural.

This was my animation at the time:

All the other feedback she suggested was stuff I was already aware of. I knew I needed to polish the Background Lair art, refine the Chimera’s line-art, line-weight, and light/shadows, make the orb and the particle effects more interesting/ better, and I also still had complete the entire mountain-scape section which acts as a transition out of my scene and into Megan’s.

I agree with pretty much everything Patricia said needed worked on, so it’s simply a case of working on these to improve my animation and get closer to the final version.