Christoph Neiman

Christoph Neiman

One artist who I take inspiration from is Christoph Neimann. Neimann is an illustrator and graphic designer, who is known for his humorous sketches which play with scale and position. His illustrations revolve around real world objects such as a red pencil and turns it into something unexpected such as a megaphone. His best work in my opinion, and what inspires me is his work for The New Yorker magazine. This is work which appears hand drawn, using thick black outlines with very little use of different colours.

His work has appeared on the covers of , Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times Magazine and American Illustration, and has won awards from AIGA, the Art Directors Club and American Illustration.

Niemann is a member of the Alliance Graphique Internationale. He has been a speaker at Design Indaba Conference twice, in 2006 and 2013.

In 2010, he was inducted into the Art Directors Club Hall of Fame.

I would love to be able to create work to his level one day, and become my own boss.

Virtual Reality Experiences – Christoph Niemann  Christoph Niemann illustrates the New Yorker's first augmented reality cover