Assessment 1 – Props

Props

Following the simple, colourful, low poly style Caity set in the style bible, I made concepts for my props which were, at the time, a Petrol/Diesel board, a wet floor sign, a chocolate and cereal bar, and a cigarette packet. I also made concepts for our characters before they were finalized, thinking how to incorporate different body shapes and sizes with different features to identify the criminal, such as scars and facial hair.

I made a simple model of the cigarette packet, but later the cigarette packet and wet floor went to Kaz, so I picked up a couple more props and created baby food, a small and large umbrella stand with umbrellas, and a sunglasses stand modelled to the shape and size of our characters head.

As our game style included low poly props with flat colours, I textured in a way I had never done before by attaching a single texture sheet as a file in Maya and scaling down by UVs to fit each colour box. Games Design stated it would help the game in Unreal run faster if all models had 1 or 2 master sheets instead of using substance painter to texture our props.