Assessment 1 200 Word Reflection

I am extremely happy with my progress throughout this semester. In January, I had never used Maya before or any form of modelling/3D animation software. I was very worried at the beginning of this assessment as I wasn’t confident in my skills. Now, I feel as though I have exceeded my expectations. Everything I learned in the weeks prior to this assessment helped me immensely when modelling my Wizard Staff, and I was able to apply this knowledge to fit my own design. I am happy with how the texturing came out on my assessment submission, however, I think I need some more practice using substance painter, as I wasn’t as comfortable using it as I am using Maya. I have learned many of the basics, but I still feel as though I have a lot to learn in that area. Overall, I am extremely proud of what I have achieved this semester so far. I found it more stressful than last semester as many aspects of this module were completely new to me, but now that I have learned these new skills, I am excited to see what else I am capable of in the coming weeks.