Week 12 – Presentations / Module Feedback Survey / Semester 2 info

This week our homework was to prepare a short presentation on our animation/blog progress. Last week during my one to one feedback tutorial with Sarah, she told me to include my storyboards and my progress with my animatic. I talked about my first storyboard versus my final storyboard and the feedback I was given to improve each draft, and the improvements Sarah gave me for my animatic. I find presentations very difficult, even recording them, so I feel as though I could have talked a little more about some of my other work and the inspirations behind my designs. However, I think the topics I did talk about were well explained and I showed how far I have come with my work. We were told that our animatics worked well together and we have good understanding of timing which was amazing to hear.

My Presentation:

Group Presentation:

group presentation – YouTube

Throughout the week, our group had a final meeting to talk about the colour schemes in our animation. The only ones who could attend were Cloe, Jasmin, and I, however, we were able to get much work done. Each of us sent in photos of inspirations for colour palettes and I used adobe colour to create them. Jasmin originally used Jude Law as a reference for her design of the headmaster in human form, so I used him as a reference for the headmaster’s skin tone. I then used Zendaya for Fern’s skin tone, however, we then decided we wanted her skin to be a little warmer and darker, so I ended up using Leigh Anne Pinnock as inspiration. I also wanted the headmistress’s skin to be very cool toned and pale, yet still realistic, so I used Aurora as a reference for her skin and Yzma for her clothes. Cloe created a document with the characters’ ‘magic’ colours and Jasmin sent us the exterior and interior images. I then created a word document of all the colour palettes from everyone’s references.

Link:

Colour Palettes

References:

A while ago, we had an idea of including ourselves in our animation as background characters. It was very fun to see everyone in our animation world with our different styles! I tried my best to keep my character as similar to Fern as possible by using the same colours and uniform as everyone else, yet I still wanted to add some personal touches, such as boots instead of school shoes and highlights throughout my hair. Eimear is going to include us into her section of the animation.

My Design:

Cloe, Jasmin and Mark’s Designs: