WEEK ONE – 103

SEMESTER TWO – WEEK ONE

Starting off semester two, we began to look at exploring identity.

The deliverables for this semester are to create ;

-Monogram

-Wordmark

– Logo mark

-Brand Guidelines

-Portfolio Website

+supporting blog

I’ve decided that this semester I’d take notes on my iPad and export them as a PDF. (you can see my notes for week one below)

103 NOTES – WEEK ONE

During class we were tasked to think of a book or album we would recommend and describe it, I chose Led Zeppelins Physical Graffiti.

(linked a pdf of the task below)

DESCRIBING IDENTITY

Following on from this we discussed brand ideals and tone of voice and how to apply this to our personal brand. Goes into more depth in my notes linked above. It was also mentioned that its a good idea to outline our vision, this ensures we stay focused and on track. It gives me something to reference, in the development process.

(Outlining vision linked below)

OUTLINING VISION

Part of this weeks task was to follow practitioners, this gave inspiration and a greater insight. I had decided to look at; Carmen Nacher, Janine Heinrichs and CSS Wizardry.

CARMEN NACHER

JANINE HEINRICHS

CSS WIZARDRY

Another exercise we were tasked with was to create a content audit of a brand of our choice in which I; defined language for internal messages, how they speak to customers, content for brochures and catalogues, brand dictionary and a tone of voice guide. I decided to focus on PALACE, a streetwear brand originating in London.

(task linked below)

CONTENT AUDIT – PALACE