In this weeks lecture we had an introduction into User Interface design, its characteristics and what makes good UI design. We started by making a group Miro board and as a class we all searched the web for inspiration of different buttons and Ui cards, we copied and pasted our examples into this shared board. I was able to see what examples my peers found and I was able to share the images which I found most inspirational.

This is a screenshot of our class Miro board. The left side was images of buttons and the right contains examples of Ui cards.

We were then asked to recreate a UI card, based on an artist and one of their songs or albums. I chose Lauv and one of their hit songs, I did this on Figma and I enjoyed this task as I am really interested in music. I found this task useful as it got me to focus on text sizing and spacing along with looking at colour and image placement.

As a class we were asked to put our UI cards into a Miro board. It was beneficial to see everyones work this way, they were similar in ways, with similar layouts but there was a good variation of colours and artists.

What I have learned:

• By using a shared Miro board I was able to get further inspiration from my class mates. I liked sharing my work in this way, it was refreshing to see all our work together on the same board and the different ideas people had.
  • Recreating the ui card was a good exercise to better my placement of text and size of icons.
IXD101- Introduction into UI
Tagged on: