Group 1 // World Project

The  Group project which I was so nervous about – it was super fun!

Everyone was split into groups of 6 people. Our task was to come up with 100 ideas for a world which we would want to create in our groups. With this task we were told to have fun and go crazy with our ideas – no ideas were silly or dumb. My group (group 4) had 6 people: Rebecca, Rosalyn, Aoife, Lewis, Sam and me. During our time in class, we came up with many different, crazy ideas which we thought would be fun to create. These were the ideas which we came up with: 

100 ideas

After coming up with all these ideas, we narrowed them down to our 5 favourite which were Sit-com Lizard, Dracula Vlogger, Ferret Heist, Pirate Mice and Deer Hunts Humans. Before the class ended, we needed to narrow down our ideas until we could pick the final 1. My personal favourite was the ‘Ferret Heist’ as Rebecca had pointed out that the word for ferret in Latin meant ‘thieving weasels’. After class, our group got together on Discord, and someone came up with the idea that we mix all our last 5 ideas into one and make it seem like it was someone flicking through different channels on a TV which I really liked!  

discord idea

One of the problems that seemed to happen with our group was communication as no one was really speaking therefore I tried my best to encourage people’s ideas and to try get them to speak. One of the ideas was to make a google form just so that we could vote for which world idea we liked the most – which I liked as it meant no one felt any pressure to pick an idea that someone else really wanted! The most voted was Lewis’ idea for the TV animation. 

pie chart

After we decided on what idea we wanted to do, I decided to make a discord server for everyone to join and share any art ideas or inspiration that they had! However, just for the first week, we had decided to focus on what idea we were going to pick and discuss it later on in the week when we all get together in class in week 2.