Reflection on the Animation

Working on this group animation was quite pleasant. We all seemed to like our ideas and we knew what we were working towards very early on. Even if we were being slightly ambitious as our first group project, the animation turned out mostly the same as we expected. We were effectively problem-solving and we kept to a schedule so we wouldn’t have to worry about last-minute stress, however, there was one time where I got stuck and it was holding back the teammates who also needed my model in their scenes. It wasn’t close to the deadline though. The fact we couldn’t work in person with the team was definitely a little disheartening and did make me lose some motivation, but for the situation, I think we did incredibly. We had the internet after all. The animation flows very well in my opinion, is well lighted and it has a clear story. There are a few slight changes id make to it like the editing of the scenes but overall I love it. In conclusion, this experience has taught me more about teamwork and compromising with others to have a concept that works and also shows an insight into how it works in the industry, where everyone is working on one style in the project for a consistent experience.

First-Year Experience

First-year was quite an enjoyable time. I learned many different industry-standard programs like Maya, After Effects, Blender and got to expand my knowledge of animation and putting them to practice. I very much enjoyed the 2d side of the semester as it was in my comfort area unlike 3d, which was a slow burner to get used to the new tools but once I got a little more comfortable and it turned out to be pretty fun. I would very much have loved to have gone into campus since it was easy to get unmotivated but I’m hopeful, next year will be even better and I can get challenged even more.