Week 6- Creative Entrepreneurship

This week we looked at the Business of Design. Daniel asked us this week to write a proposal for a website and brand to represent Hill street in Belfast. We could look at similar sites in Belfast for inspiration. When designing this Proposal I will look into the history of this area and the local heritage. At end we must include a timeline and pricing. This will be a formal document in PDF format.

He then briefly went through a recap what a proposal was and what should be included in one. We had some knowledge of the proposal from the research we done last week.

Daniel then went on to talk about internships, graduates and professional designers. He give a brief breakdown of what are expected pay should range from. We deserve pay for any work. The most important thing when working on a project is time management. For example Notion is a tracking board which could be used to track your work. Also Harvest is a site I can use to help manage time.

After break we went to studio. I had a one-to-one tutorial with Daniel as I missed mine on Friday. This is were he give a honest critique on my CV and Cover letter. I found this very helpful and glad I got an opportunity to speak with him.

To reflect I felt today’s class as very useful and was worth attending. I felt I had a better understanding were I am in terms of my work and what I need to change as well as learning about the business of design.