Two Weeks Overview

This is the final blog entry for this assignment and even for the 2nd year of the animation course. I will be covering the last 2 weeks (an extra 5 days was added on to the deadline). This will include the last of my work touch ups and fixes (if any), my Team and Self Assessment Form (presented in a document format) and my Final Reflection, which will cover my own thoughts and feeling about my work and experiences at the end of it all.

The Remaining Work

Due to my role as an asset maker (and not the only one on this project), my last model and textures were complete several weeks ago and with no feedback on any fixes they need, my work is done.  I will be continuing to support my fellow team members and keeping moral up along with writing my Peer & Self-Assessment form.

Team and Self Assessment Form

Word Document Link:

Rory’s Peer & Self-Assessment form

Final Reflection

After around four months of hard work, assignment 2 for the second year of the animation course is completed and uploaded.

I am pleased with my progress if somewhat conflicted as well. While I did get a job of creating models with Maya and their textures in Substance Painter, it was hard for me to tell whether I was doing enough for the team even when Una, Tish and Aaron said that I had done a lot. I think that part of this stems from the fact that I was moved from a Team, were I had been given a defined role, to an already formed Team where roles had been allocated so I became a handyman, working on models or anything the team needed me to do.

I got an opportunity to do some sound work when the Sound Design students looked like they weren’t coming though with our audio. I created the voices for the common enemies (Daemons) and the Boss using my own voice and Adobe Premiere Pro. Elements included duplicating audio, reversing the track and pitch shifting the tone. The end result is great and it terrified the class during a presentation when it played on the loud speaker. It’s my best audio work to date and one of my stand out works on this project.

My team whilst not always responsive, were really good and well mannered especially Una who did help feedback on some of my work and positively reinforced my position on the team. The limited response was just due to the nature of working online and the limited face to face meetings in class. Unfortunately, one of the team members Jamie Stewart, disappeared without explanation leaving us to carry out his work in the process.

I had frequent interaction with my team at the start of the project when I held several polls on the creation of the main Dark and Light Wolf Statue. It was great having the team vote on each of my many concepts for each stage of production and the final design is better for it.

The last few weeks took a content dip for me. This happened partly because of other assignments to complete, as they were due before this projects’ deadline and, partly because I had already created many models for the project and was worried of oversaturating the game. The result of this would mean that  some models wouldn’t make it into the final build. Without any feedback or further requests from the team, I was left without much to do. It’s not the fault of anyone, everyone is busy with their own assignments’ hand in and it’s just the nature of my job positioning.

Despite my mixed feelings on my value to the team and the work allocated to me, most of the problems were out of our hands and I am still really happy about how my models turned out.

Final Game

Final Game Link:

Project – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zm5qlgk2lJWx2UMbFeH5v9MX63I-5Klc/view?usp=sharing

Game – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G8PIUthNyMvukFR2CEyjhaUOyLbJ_u_s/view?usp=sharing

My Final Assets

Links to my models, assets and audio by OneDrive:

REM’s Creative Industy 1 work.rar

Download Link to Win Raw file:

REM’s Creative Industry 1 work

Link to my Portfolio for this Project

Portfolio (Vertical Slice Group Project)

Electronic SPLD Sticker

Electronic SPLD Sticker