Week 7

For this week, We needed to practice writing a Cover Email, we were given the choice of picking between several different job types, that we could make a cover email for.

And during the lecture, I was given a catch-up on how to write one. In the past, I have written some placements in the past, so I’m somewhat experienced with how to write one.

For the exercise, I chose to write to a 3D animation company and was given the brief that they were based in Manchester…..

Dear Flipbook studios Hiring Manager

Hello! My Name is Rhys Graham, I am currently studying at Ulster Universities College of art and would be interested in a 3D animator position at your company!

I have had various long term experiences working with 3D software such as Maya and Blender, and I have a large interest in other Programmes such as After Effects and Adobe Premiere, just to name a few!

I have many different hobbies which I feel could be of benefit, one of which being, my interest in Model kit making, I often build and pose these kits to create interesting set pieces, which I feel have helped me tremendously through my animation career, and I hope to continue these skills and put them to good use with a career in the 3D animation industry.

I have been following your company for a while, and have loved a lot of the work you have put on your website, a personal favourite of mine being the “Ministry of sound-Anthems” trailer, which featured a Vespa design, the mod culture has been a big part of my life for years.

Thank you for taking the time to read my email!

Sincerely 

Rhys