Week 8

Finally after discussing how each of us would animate each section of our animation, what was next was to create the thumbnails for our section of the story.

The story in my section is that the main character is revealed from behind another character and goes to play pool, however, he cannot reach the top of the pool table and needs to use a bucket in order to climb to the top to play, which would then transition, via the white ball into a coin.

I feel as though this has turned out decent enough, as it was only a rough sketch of how the story will be animated, this gives a lot of information to the group, with the arrows showing the direction of movement, as it’s only a short animation it doesn’t need too much information, only what’s necessary for the audience to understand.

The assignment we needed to do this week was to animate a flour bag character..unfortunately, I feel as though I have under-performed in this regard, not only due to my difficulties with hand-drawn art, but also the lack of software, as I use photoshop, which isn’t meant for drawing, and I also needed to use premiere, which meant that I could not see how the animation was coming along as I was drawing, In future, I will seek out better software that will allow me to perform better, and hopefully help improve my art skills