Week 12: Final Critque

In this week’s class we had our final critiques of our Elements projects.

I was very nervous to show my prototype as I had been working on it for some time and I didn’t want something to go wrong while Kyle was going through my work.

What I showed in this critique was what I had been working on so far and the feedback got was:

• Some of the screens are out of alignment with each other
  • I need more content – the 5 elements done
  • More quiz content

Most of my feedback was that I just need more but what I have so far looks good besides the alignment issues. I had been having some real problems with different parts of my designs being slightly out of alignment when you move through my project. I had been using margins and trying to observe every move but there is so many parts to my design it is hard to keep track of but it is definitely something I will continue to work on.

Adding more quiz content

I wanted to try a a drag and drop type format for these next couple of questions.

I started off by watching a tutorial video on how to do something like this on Figma prototypes. This was pretty easy to follow and I got started on developing it in my design.

Firstly I had to create the base question frame. This is what the user is given to then interact with.

To allow the user to drag each element I had to create a transitional frame in which when a user clicks + holds on a an element to move it, the element turns. The next frame I had to make was one where the element was moved to its correct answer, so when the user drags with their mouse, the element moves towards the correct answer. To finish their answer the user has to click on their element and get their result. The user will then click for a final time to bring them back to the frame pictured above, to complete the rest of the answers.

I showed what this process would look for this question in light and dark mode.

I then added a couple more questions in the same format as the first question:

The above images show the new questions in both dark and light mode.

Presentation

This week I also completed my slides for the presentation next Tuesday.

Here is the link to the finish slide deck.

Next couple of weeks

Over the course of the next couple of weeks I will keep working on my elements project and adding more content.