Week 12: The Product Pitch

This week we had our Product Pitch presentations. We were separated into groups of 4 or 5 at a certain time slot to assess this.

In the week leading up to this I had been writing down and going over what I had to say. I was timing myself for exactly 5 minutes as I did this. These are some images of my notes at the time.

How it went?

I was incredibly nervous the whole day leading up to my time slot around 2pm. Once I had reach the campus, I waited with the other students in my group and we all discussed what we had done and how we felt. I knew I was prepared but public speaking was never my strong point.

According to my time slot I was the last to go in the group, this did not help my nerves at the beginning but as time went on and I saw that the environment was more relaxed than I was expecting, I also relaxed. By the time It was my turn to go, I felt much more confident.

I thought the presentation went well, I didn’t really need to use my notes and I was able to make eye contact throughout. I had to answer some questions at the end but they were all things I knew how to answer. The biggest feedback I received was to leave some, more visual slides like the sketches up for longer. This is so that the investors can get a good look at them while writing notes. I was also told that if I had specialised the app to be for one of these illnesses only, it would have felt more streamlined and thoughtful.

Conclusion

I learned a lot from this task, mostly that I am able to do speaking tasks like this that I would have had serious anxiety problems with before. There is definitely some room to grow in terms of presentation and speed but  overall I was quite proud of myself.