3D DIGITAL LITERACY: SHORT REFLECTION

This cute character assignment was the most difficult project I had done over this year of projects. I had never modelled a character before and had never even looked at Blender.

I faced lots of roadblocks during this project, and had to juggle the 30 second animation with it, it was very difficult but I managed to get through it, and create a character I am honestly proud of, and could see as a little NPC in some sort of RPG.

Over this year I’ve made progress in my modelling skills I wouldn’t have even believed if you’d have asked me this time last year. This year was my first introduction to 3D programs of any kind, and I learnt the basics and how to work pretty efficiently in Maya, Sketchfab and Blender over this short semester, and I’ve created multiple things I’m very proud of!

As an example, when I was first introduced to modelling through Maya, the first thing I ever modelled was a vase, and that took me 2 hours, I have now created a staff prop, an entire base animation room, and a cute character. I’m very, very impressed with my development in my 3D skills.