I discussed with my group members about what we were to do with our project. Each of us were to do 8 seconds of an animation that was to be at least a minute long. Scott was to direct and animate the opening, Luca, Cate, Matt, Emma and I were to do the middle parts, and Lee was to do the outro.

One idea for the start of the animation was as a mock up of a music video, and through a Top of the Pops-esque programme at the end of the story we see the events that transpired up to the point and cut to them through a tv static transition.

I put up a very early draft of my storyboard of which I later improved and expanded upon.

I wanted to capture an action packed sequence similar to the one depicted in an animation by YAMsgarden, where Frisk fights Undyne the Undying in a deadly conflict, and which ends in Undyne being impaled by Frisk after being distracted by the murder of Monster Kid.

The story in my storyboard depicts Bridget, my character using Luca as a distraction against the mook monsters so that she can take them out, and then reveal the boss of those mooks in the later storyboards. Luca uses his singing voice against the enemies, but they respond with disgust and hilarity at how awful it is. They are distracted enough for Bridget to whack them with her axe. T

These comical elements help slow down from the action in the scene and add some flare to the storyboard, and the storyboard ends on a cliff hanger with the harsh light showing the leader of the bosses confronting Bridget Fletcher.

battle against a true hero animation – YouTube