IXD103 Week 9 Tasks

Task 1: S.W.O.T Analysis

Create a table displaying your:

1. Strengths
  2. Weaknesses
  3. Opportunities
  4. Threats

When creating a website.

Task 2: The Goal

What is the purpose of the project?
What problem are we trying to solve?

Task 3: Hierarchy

Let’s work out what’s most important. Each person’s priorities may be different from the other. It depends on what you want to achieve.

Task 4: Wireframe

Before I began wireframing some ideas for my new portfolio website I started by wireframing my old website design.

Following on from this I began by looking at some websites that had won awards and were used by top design brands and firms and were completely blown away. The first site I looked at was one by an Austrian design team Spatzek. It incorporated beautiful design with video and image using the most of space. So much was happening but everything was still comprehendible. My only critique was the moving text borders around images, as I found them highly distracting and ruined the whole design. I love to create something like this but I can imagine it might require a lot of coding

1. https://blumenkopf.spatzek.studio/home

I also had a look at https://www.caffeinepost.com/works/ which is the website of a film company that works with high-end clients. The website was created by Boron Studio from Uruguay. Caffeine Post is a creative post-production studio that reimagines storytelling across advertising, fashion, film & TV. I love the color grading applied to the images and the Black minimalist style with a grain overlayed over the whole thing giving it a retro feel.

So I began to wireframe these designs along with some others to match what I needed.

1.

2.

3.

4.

I really enjoy the 4’th layout as I think its a really effective way of displaying all my work and could possibly go well with something like 2. as the main header allowing me to display the most recent/main project.