Final reflection

When I first started this course, I had no idea how to 3D model at all. In comparison to when I started this module, I have learned how to use software such as Maya and Substance Painter to translate my 2D style into 3D form. I feel as though these new skills have given me more confidence in the aspect of 3D animation. Although I had some difficulties such as issues with my UV unwrapping and textures, figuring out how to fix this has made me feel more passionate about improving my understanding of 3D animation’s functionalities. Some of my inspirations such as Spyro, Steven universe, and How to train your Dragon kept me encouraged throughout this module. Ultimately, I feel quite satisfied with my staff outcome. If I had a choice to redo it, however, I would most likely spend more time UV unwrapping as I feel that most of my issues came to how I rushed this part due to a shortage of time. I will further take what I have learned here, my mistakes, and my achievements to improve my techniques and knowledge on these programs. In the future, I plan to try and become more acquainted with other programs such as Zbrush and Blender to experiment with which I prefer.

Link to model: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/wizard-styled-dragon-staff-8d5816ced95f447da419e993ece59682