IXD302: Proposal

This project included designing and writing a proposal for a website and brand to represent Hill Street in Belfast. After lots of research on what to include and how to structure a proposal, I felt ready to start writing mine.

Here is a PDF of the final proposal:

Lauren Gilmore Proposal

The Process:

From the beginning, I knew I wanted to keep the design as simple as possible. This makes the information easy to read and understand which is essential in an important document like this.

I started by designing the front cover of the proposal. I included things such as the name of the project, who it was for, my company name, what version it was, etc.

Below you can see the first draft, followed by the updated version. I decided to change the colours to match my brand and add my logo to make it more personal to my company.

Another page that I ended up changing was the deliverables. I decided to show the timeframe of these since I was discussing what order the work would go in. As you can see, I added the weeks that they were expected to be completed.

One thing I found difficult with this task was the project pricing. This is because I had to calculate how much I thought I should get paid overall for hours and weeks etc.

This was an enjoyable but challenging project for me as it was out of my comfort zone and something I had never done before. I learned a lot about the business side of design and the work that goes on behind the scenes. I have no doubt this knowledge will be useful to me in the future.