IXD101- Follow the Rhythm Final

After receiving feedback on this project, I began making some improvements.

With the previous design, the lyrics within the buildings sat very close to the edge which left gaps between words, making it difficult to read. To fix this issue, I centered the text and brought the text boxes in from the edge. This made the words flow better, making it easier to read and follow. Previously, the “You can’t take my youth away” at the top took up the entire top section. I changed this so it was aligned to the left and reduced the spacing between the letters. This made it more compact and allowed for some white space, making it look less crowded and visually appealing.

To add some colour to the top section, I changed the word “Youth” to yellow. This is the most important word so it helps it stand out. From the colour pallet, I chose yellow because it can represent hope which relates to the meaning behind the song.

Lastly, I decided to chance the typography in the top section. Instead, I used “Niagara Solid”. I think that it is a very bold typeface which is important for this lyric as it is making a statement. It stands out from the handwritten font for the verses. It is also easy to read.