IXD103 Week 10 : Lecture Reflection

This week’s lecture was all about going ‘beyond the brand’ and forming an emotional connection with your audience.

To start off the lecture we had a quick refresher or overview of what all we had looked at to date as well as a simple checklist of what should be included in our research blogs.

We then looked at values again and how you need to believe in something and explain why you believe in it in order to have a chance at forming an emotional connection. We looked at Kevin Roberts of Saatchi and Saatchi’s concept of love marks, value proposition and what to focus on when building a brand or reputation.

We also looked at how having desirable touchpoint can help for an emotional connection and were given a task to design an additional touchpoint for our brands. You can find what I did here.

I really enjoyed this lecture and learned a lot from it. I found it really interesting looking at love marks and how you should aim form deep emotional connections with your audience by creating something desirable and of value to them beyond the basic functional benefits or necessity of a brand. I want to strive for my brand to be one that is both loved and respected and now I have a solid understanding of how to achieve that.