This week I was working from home as I was unwell. I followed along with a tutorial on Blackboard from Alec. He had posted a series of videos on how to animate a jump in Maya. This featured a helpful tool called Grease pencil. This was used to draw out the actions in the frame, and from there I was able to place the character and change its positions with help from the grease pencil drawings. I then re positioned the character’s legs, knees, feet and even toes when showing the journey of the jump from start the finish.

Aside from the tutorial, I made some more progress on the shark. This week I attempted to add a mouth onto the shark. I added a cylinder asset and squashed and stretched it a little to fit in the mouth area. I used the grab tool to reposition and sculpt it into place. I used the inflate tool to add thickness to it so it didn’t look too skinny compared to the large shark. I’m a little unsure about the mouth, I know it doesn’t look quite right and I hope to talk to my lecturer about how to improve it this week.