This week in Digital Literacy we had another go at using substance painter. This time Henry sent us a model of a watering can which we then took to substance painter and added our materials and textures to. I enjoy using substance painter because it really brings the model to life, and looks very realistic once its rendered. I played around which different wooden styles, tones and colours and roughness of metals for my watering can.

Aside from this exercise I had also previously made a start on modelling my old well for the digital literacy assignment. So far I’ve spent quite some time getting the wooden structure of the well modeled. I have the wooden beams and the decorative parts in between the beams done to the best of my ability. As well as that I have the roof, and the roof slates modeled too. I would like to look further into maybe learning how to make the roof slates look chipped, weathered and generally beaten up to give the impression of an old well.

I have also had a go at making a rough model of the wooden water bucket. Again I want to look at making the wood look more uneven or beaten up in the future. I used standard primitives, mainly the cube for the wooden structure. I resized the cube and used the multi-cut tool to make to create edge loops. From these edge loops I was able to extrude out new shapes from the original cube. With these new shapes I selected the vertices and moved them to create the decorative elements of the wooden structure.