Week 5 was to be the week of our group pre-production presentations, where we present to the class our designs, final idea and storyboards for our ideas. This week I spent time working on the storyboards for my vision of the story. Other members of my group also made their versions of storyboards. We were meant to get together and share these storyboards, then create one final storyboard with ideas from everyone’s individual storyboards added together but we didn’t get the time to do this before the presentation unfortunately.

Above is my storyboard, featuring my concepts of the swordfish and the shark. In my storyboards I’ve included my idea of the shark’s pupils getting fully dilated at the scent of the puffer fish, I got inspiration for this idea from Bruce the shark in ‘Finding Nemo’. As he smells the blood in the film, his pupils dilate and he is set into a fit of rage.

Finding Nemo, But it's only Bruce - YouTube

image credits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nvkaINE2ms

We got our presentations completed on Power Point and presented to the class. I was a bit nervous before getting up, but once we were all up as a group, the nervousness disappeared and we all just said our parts to the class. The lecturer’s gave us some constructive criticism and tips for how to proceed forward with the idea. I think the feedback we received was very useful and helpful, and as a team we will take the feedback going forward and use it to strengthen our plan and hopefully help us flesh out our ideas further.

Below is the link to our presentation;

swordfishcaviarprepro.pptx

As well as our presentations, we also had an animating exercise on Maya. We were giving folders with models and a sound clip. The aim was to animate the models and match the animation with the sound. Our reference was a scene from ‘Jurassic Park’. We had the assets, we just needed to animate the characters and assets to match the scene from Jurassic Park.