During week two of animated narratives, I focused on researching and writing the script for my part of the presentation. I researched in class about how to discover the intent of a film, and the main difference between meaning and purpose. I communicated with my group about what direction our presentation will go so we could keep a consistent theme throughout.  I spent quite some time in class watching and re-watching the short film to fully understand the meaning behind it and the purpose of the message it portrays for the audience. This helped me understand what kind of emotion or reaction this would evoke from the viewer watching it.

The next day, I had the script fully complete and edited to an acceptable length.  I started creating my slides on Power point, making sure I used only necessary text so as not to dominate each slide with just text. I wanted to keep my information to just bullet point form and then select relevant images from the film to back up each point I made about my analysis.

group presentation collab

Once I finished my slides, I then used OBS to record my voiceover for my slides. From previous presentations I learnt that its best not to talk too quick and to slow down while talking. With this in mind I made sure not to speak too fast in my recording and to make sure everything I was saying was clear and understandable. After recording my  dialogue I then edited my recording down to two minutes so that it was an acceptable length to be edited with the other group member’s clips. I sent my recorded material into the group chat and made everyone aware my part was done.