Flour Sack Animation

In week 1 I added a little face and ears to my flour sack form drawings, I decided to keep it when I created my animation to give it a bit more character and make it cute and fun. I think in the final version I gave it more of a bunny vibe.

This was my first pass at my flour sack animation with key poses and no inbetweens! I was kind of working straight ahead loosely, but I tried to block out the steps first. I added some bouncy just to see how it’d turn out, I wound up keeping it in the final animation.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/751925459091980410/775743964946628638/trip.gif

And this is the finished animation with inbetweens! I added an few extra steps to the final version to work up to the little leap.

I think the fall loses some of the spontaneity in the finished version, and theres a frame or two right at the end that looks off to me, but I wasn’t really sure how to fix it at the time heheh. I think I have a pose or two off at a wrong angle right before the faceplant, hm…
I really like how the steps came out though! I think next time I’ll try and make the fall more snappier too!

⚝──⭑─⭒─⭑─ 💫 ─⭑⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

Storyboards and Character Turnaround (Wip!)

I began working on my storyboards and character turnarounds for our group animation project! My section is right at the end and has to do with our ice character Aqua, the main character A13X (Alex) and Booyah! I’d worked on Aqua’s design on a previous week and my group was really happy with it so I got to draw up her turnaround today!

After this I began work on my storyboard, I was super excited to work on it as storyboarding is something I really enjoy! I got the section right at the very end and I wanted it to be really dramatic!

The idea of her cape swishing across the screen to black came from Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon and just general cape dramatics, I really wanted to include a big cape swoosh somewhere and this was the perfect spot.

Tuxedo Mask GIFs | Tenor