IXD301 Wk9:- Creating a Brand for Elemental Finds

This week I also started creating a brand for elemental finds.

I decided to name my game Elemental Finds. I then came up with my brand mission statement.

Mission Statement –

Elemental Finds is a game that is dedicated to putting the education of kids above everything else. We believe that we cam make learning fun and something that kids want to do. By teaching kids about the elements we are helping give them a better start and show them how much fun science can be. Elemental Finds is dedicated to redefining learning one kid at a time.

I then began considering the style for my game. I decided that colour wise I wanted to only use bright eye catching colours that would capture the kids attention and keep it. After some research I discovered that blue is one of the most popular colours amongst children so I knew that blue would be a big part of my app. After some more thought I decided to add orange and purple to the selection as they are also bright colours and they would pair well with the blue.

I then added a secondary colour scheme that could be used for

As for typography, I decided that I was going to go with the Typeface Galindo because of how fun and kid like it is. Its easy to read and big/thick and it also has some fun shapes within the typeface so I thought it would make a great main typeface. For my secondary typeface I decided to go with Open Sans as it is a slightly thinner typeface and is less decorative so it would be better for body text

Afterwards I created a brand guideline dictating my tone of voice, brand dictionary, word bank, style and brand dictionary.

I then began working on a logo for my brand I started by sketching it out

I then went into Figma and created a logo, I choose to develop the sketch of the two houses side by side.

I then later on received some feedback on my brand and it was suggested that I could add some more and develop it especially the logo.

I then decided to have another go at developing a logo so I started looking at the sketches I had done

Since my game takes place in a neighbourhood I wanted that to be a part of my brand logo and since it is also a searching game, I wanted that to reflect within the logo.

I then had the idea of combining a house and a magnifying icon. This would be the perfect way to reflect what my game and brand is.

So I went into Figma began the process of making my new logo

Final Product: