“We are at the onset of a new movement ….
- A touch of code
- Generative design
- Date-driven graphic design
- Living in data
Artist to look at
- Brandan Dawes
- Kate Egan
- eCloud – Installation made on the idealisation of time and cloud. They made it by collecting data from around the world. Currently residing in an airport.
- Jer Thorp: New York times first data artist in residence. One of the worlds foremost data artist
- Aaron Koblin: He started an AR company, was awarded an Emmy.
- Chris Jordan – He manages to make us think of our consumptions be it of paper or plastic but presents it as an artwork depicting an animal, evoking a very strong reaction. With great use of juxtaposition e creates socially concious art.
Refers to data so bif that it is imposible to …
It must have:
retured at 10:28 ******* Missed things while answering phone – granny called.
Data science for social good
Netflix: this is influenced by big data, data gathered, viewing preferences. We are being feed what we like.
Th problem with big data is that our viewing content is filtered and refined for what you like, the data will show that you are interested in that and it will provide more and more of the same. The filter bubble if you will. This will only increase as the programs become more sophisticated.
- data scientist
Projects to look at
- Jonny Cash project.com —-> Look up.
- The wilderness downtown —> This clearly highlights how the interface can be an awesome informative device.
- Jenet Echelman (sculptor) —> She constructs massive interactive structures that collect data and allows the viewers to interact and collaborate in a way through an app.
12pm Friday 7th May 2021
D1: Illustrative (30%) app
- Master apprentice 1 and 2 ( Icons and city scapes)
D2: Diagrammatic (30%) —> make in Figma/illustrator (they are vector based, unlike photoshop which is pixel based.
- Infographic (World population)
D3: Blog (40%)