Editing 

Once all my scenes were complete, I rendered them in Krita with a transparent background as Nicole wanted to add the backgrounds in Premier Pro so they would be easier to animate. I uploaded all of my files onto the shared OneDrive where Nicole downloaded them. While Nicole was editing, she noticed some colouring mistakes, I went back and fixed any scene that was missing colour or needed tweaked so Nicole could focus on editing, once the acene was fixed I re-uploaded it to the OneDrive where Nicole downloaded in and added it back into the film. Once Nicole had edited all the scenes together and completed the timing, I looked over it and gave feedback. The overall pacing looked good however, some scenes needed to be held longer to be more impactful, and other scenes felt too drawn out. Nicole adjusted the film based on my feedback. 

(Nicole’s final edit) 

Sound 

Once the film was compiled and rendered, I added the exported render of the film to a new Premier Pro file as this would cut down render times. While Nicole was editing, I made a list of sound effests that we needed and then looked for them on Adobe Stock and the YouTube Audio Library. 

To start I added the main music ‘TOON,’ sourced from Adobe Stock, on top of the animation and cut the song into sections to better suit the highs and lows of the actions happening. I used the rest of the song to fill in the blanks, however caused a problem as the song ended up sounding very repetitive and looped in weird places. I discussed my issue with Nicole, and she suggested adding another song to the film to help with the repetitiveness. She went onto Adobe Stock and used the search similar feature to find another song, she found ‘NEIGHBORHOOD MORNING’ which had a similar sound to ‘TOON’. Since ‘NEIGHBORHOOD MORNING’ is a slightly deeper sound and a slower speed I adjusted the pitch and speed of ‘TOON’ to help with blending them. To blend them together I mainly cross faded them, I am not entirely happy with the result as you can hear where the song join, but the deadline was fast approaching so I had to leave it alone and add in the sound effects. The final song I added to the film was the theme to the film ‘The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, this song fit perfectly with the Texas standoff. 

Next, I added sound effects. I mainly focused on adding whooshing sound effects to the robots as this emphasise their movements. Another important sound I added was the kid crying after getting hit with cake, I deliberately faded all the other music out so the crying would be the focus, this is the catalyst for Gumball and Lollipop to realise the fault of their actions. Once the key sound effects were added I went through adding more layers to the sound such as kids laughing, gasping and celebrating. 

Overall, I am happy with the sound effects and Texas standoff music. However, if I had more time, I would have found a song that would better match the animation without as much cutting and blending. 

Final Animation 

This is the completed final animation, and I am overjoyed with the result, it is great to see all our work compiled into a film. 

What I plan to fix before the EoYS 

Since there is time before the End of Year Show we plan on going through the animation and fixing any flaws we did not have time to fix before this deadline. I want to fix the music by either learning how to bend music together better or change the songs to better suit the animation. As I watched the final animation, I noticed song gaps where the paint bucked did not fill. I would also like to revamp the framing of scene 10, the character heads as slightly cut off and their feet line up with the bottom of the screen making the scene look awkward. Finally, I would like to add a little animation at the end of the credits of myself and Nicole as robots waving to the audience. 

Reflection 

Overall, I am very happy with the work Nicole, and I produced. Apart from some small issues that arose throughout the project we were able to communicate effectively and picked up the slack when the other fell behind, which helped us to complete the film on time. It was a fantastic experience to work with Nicole as she communicated with me consistently and kept me up to date with her progress. It will be so exciting to see the film in the end of year showcase.