Class

This week we were tasked with editing someone’s animatic from the previous presentation. I chose to edit Rachel Graham’s animatic; I edited the timing of the shots as I thought certain shots could be held to make them more impactful. Here is the edited animatic: 

(Rachel Graham’s work) 

We also had a one to one with Mike, we talked about the toon shader, the edited animatic and developing a style guide for the whole animatic. Mike’s feedback:

• Mike liked the medium shot of the Texas stand-off better as it will be easier to animate and frames the shot better 
  • The toon shader looks good, he suggested exporting it without shading and then adding it in by hand. 
  • Figuring out a style guide for the whole animation; line thickness, shading colours and stylisation.  

Homework

For homework, I updated the height guide to represent the new character designs.

(My work)

I adjusted the children’s designs as the old concept did not suit the style. I got inspiration from Animal Crossing and adventure time as they use heavy character designs. The children will be silhouetted throughout the animation to lessen the animation needed.

(My work)

I drew all the background props needed for the animation using the style guide Nicole designed.

(My work)

Nicole created a style guide for everything in the animation. 

(Nicole’s work)

Nicole created a carpet pattern to add to the floor of the arcade, she placed it in the 3D space to get a clear idea of what the 3d backgrounds will look like. 

(Nicole’s work)

This is the finished toon shader with one of the 2D characters in front of it. 

(Nicole’s work)