This week in class we all watched each other’s rough animations. This was a lot of fun and we all received feedback on the pacing, timing and what we could improve about our animations.

Loop Animation

Here is the loop animation so far:

Animation: Katie, Danielle, Nicole, Rhys, Tori, James and Jordan
Editing: Rhys 
Music: The Swinghoppers & Wolfgang Lohr - Party Like It's 1920

Overall I think everyone’s animations are coming along great and the pace matches the pace of the music.

Final Animation

After this I went to work finishing my animation, I still had to add light and shadow and a crowd in front of the stage. The light and shadow took longer than I expected to complete as every little mistake made the animation look jittery so I had to be very neat and made sure the shadows were in the right places. The light was not as hard as it was a block shape that followed the character.

Here is my finished animation:

Overall I am extremely happy with how this turned out, I think the timing works and the animation looks smooth.

The Final Loop Animation

This is the complete loop animation:

Editing and Music: Rhys
Song: The Swinghoppers & Wolfgang Lohr - Party Like It's 1920

Looking back at the Semester

Over this semester I have learnt a lot about animation and some new skills. I learnt how to efficiently spend my time and found that working in stages works best for me as I can see the timing for the whole animation and recognise if something looks off. I also learnt that using references saves time and makes animation a lot easier as you can see how the body moves and contorts.

I really enjoyed creating characters for all the different worlds; it was a fun challenge as all the worlds were very unique and have quite different styles. I also really enjoyed the animation process; I found it fun and difficult at the same time, but the end product was well worth it.

My least favourite thing was drawing the backgrounds for my animation as I’m not very good at it and I struggle with perspective sometimes, however I think I have improved a lot due to the amount of thumbnails we had to draw.

Overall I really enjoyed this semester, I am proud of the work I have produced and I really like how my final animation turned out. If I could do it all again I would not change a thing, I have learnt so much from the people I have worked with and I really loved working with Group 1 – Tea and Coffee Mafia.