#IXD304 – Storyboarding

Storyboarding is a technique that I am familiar with. Doing it throughout my A-Level years during Moving Images it is used during the preproduction of films, animations or in my case the narrative structure. It allows us to break down a sequence of events that is happening. This can be helpful to convey a sense of flow in a project or create a visual narrative story.

Storyboard

For my storyboard, I wanted to create a compelling visual story representing the narrative structure of my project. This includes the characters, setting, plot, conflict and resolution:

The characters 

Protagonists: Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin and Michael Collins

Antagonists: Moscow, USSR

Tritagonist: Spectators

The Setting:

Earth: As a linear journey, the setting will be based on earth, space and the moon.

The Plot:

Russia will begin to show technological dominance over America, providing motivation for America to embark on an ambitious journey that will see them triumph over the war of technological and intellectual domination.

The Conflict:

Russia will try to achieve technological and intellectual domination over the United States.

Resolution:

The United States will be the first people to put men on the moon and show the world that this technological war has been won.

Scene 1-2.3

Scene 3 -4.3

Scene 5 -5.5

Conclusion

This is the first time I’ve done a storyboard while studying this subject. I feel like I have clearly shown a visual representation of the narrative journey from conflict to resolution. I could perhaps see this technique even brought into other projects such as my UX app.

https://uxdesign.cc/storyboarding-the-art-of-storytelling-in-ux-2dc8fa1cfcec