Week 7 Critique

After discussing our new project we moved onto portfolio critiques. As a class we collaborated on Miro where each student got to write their thoughts and opinions on everyones portfolio site, I have added screenshots below.

Kyle gave me some good advice so here is what I need to look at again/ change:

• link the Belfast school of art and IxD in my bio.
  • link ‘portfolio’ to my work
  • fix footer issues (full width)
  • add cv to about
  • make some of my sketches full width images but not all
  • increase body text size

What did I learn and how can I use this?

I got to see my peers work and it was refreshing to see the diversity and range of ideas and layouts etc. I gained some great inspiration from my peers, it was beneficial to hear their opinions and thoughts and I always enjoy group critiques for this reason. I will take on board Kyles advice and make those changes to my portfolio, I think with those slight changes and modifications my portfolio will be improved greatly. Over the next couple of weeks I want to add more to my About me section- highlighting my interests outside of uni so employers can see more about my outside interests and therefore will be able to see more about what I am like as a person. I will make these modifications and upload the ‘finished’ portfolio to my blog  (even though portfolio’s are never truly fisniehd)!

IXD301- Portfolio Critique
Tagged on: