Design-spiration for elements project

Element project- visual exploration

I am still unsure of what to do for my element project so I decided to go online for some visual inspiration hoping this would spark some creative ideas. I always find this a very helpful exercise before beginning a project so I went to Pinterest to create a mood board that I have linked below.

Pinterest board- link hereĀ 

Dribble…

I know dribble research is somewhat questioned in this field but in the past I have seen some beautiful work on there so I thought it wouldn’t hurt to look, so I typed in ‘the periodic table’ and below are some lovely pieces of design that I really liked and wanted to include within my designspirtion research.

I looked at both children’s elements projects as awell as more mature designs. I really enjoyed some of the simple line work above and also some of the typography choices. Dribble had some really nice branding work about the periodic table too which has got me very excited to begin the creation of the brand aspect, this is an area that I really want to work on.

What did I learn and what is next?

I find this exercise very helpful to see how others have taken on similar types of projects. I learned that there is a number of ways that I can progress with this project but I need to narrow down my choices and continue to brainstorm. From the above images that I have came across this has given me some great inspiration and I think that this has been a great exercise to stimulate my thoughts and creative ideas. I am still unsure of what path to go down but with more brainstorming alongside my new inspiration I hope to further explore and see what I can come up with. I might design a poster of my own to get me into the designing spirit…

IXD301- Design-spiration for elements project
Tagged on: