Pyschology of colour

I have decided to watch a Ted Talk based on the pyschology of colour as I have recently began some deep research into this particular topic, blogpost here. I have decided to practise my sketnoting skills within this ted talk as I enjoy doing it and I find that this ensures that I note and memorise the most vital information from the talk, I have included them below.

Ted Talk sketchnotes-

Within the talk Riley explained that she conducted a small experiment surrounding colour and people associations with different colours,  I have included one below and she got them to chose the most threatening and the most calming etc, and each time the majority went for the same colour. I find it very interesting how the majority associate the same feelings with the same colours, but on the other had some think the opposite.

What did I learn

I have learned more about colour and the psychology behind it from this ted talk, this is a topic that I will continue to research into further as I find it very fascinating and it is a vital aspect to design. I think that its so interesting that the majority of people associate the same colours with the same feelings and emotions. This has been good research for me as a designer and I feel like this knowledge will strengthen my up coming travel app and my own personal branding projects and the colour decisions I will make for them.

IXD103& IXD104 Psychology of Colour – Ted Talk
Tagged on: