Original Final Idea;

While others had started the modelling process, I was anxious as this week was devoted to idea generation. I came up with several new ideas such as 1) bong 2) dream/nightmare sequence 3) anime fight scene 4) guitar hero scene. These were originally envisioned to be a mini-series but felt it would be developed as a game with the these interlinked i.e. click on bed go to dreaming scene or click on bong and go to the drug scene. This was themed of the games whack your boss and henry stickman.

https://youtu.be/GC56ZBEcUd4?si=xk57oDRReQTg3alP

“Whack Your Boss” is a game series that gained popularity for its unique concept and dark humour. The purpose of the game is to provide a virtual outlet for people to release their frustrations by virtually “whacking” their boss in various creative and exaggerated ways. It was developed as a stress-relief game, allowing players to vent their workplace frustrations in a safe and entertaining manner.

The game was developed by a company called Doodie.com, which specializes in creating interactive and humorous content. The first instalment of the series, “Whack Your Boss,” was released in 2004 as a Flash game. It featured a simple point-and-click interface, where players could interact with the office environment to discover different ways to “whack” their boss. The success of the initial game led to the development of several sequels, each offering new scenarios and methods of boss-bashing.

The game’s development team aimed to provide players with a light-hearted and cathartic experience, allowing them to temporarily escape the frustrations of the workplace. While the game may not reflect real-life situations, it serves as a form of stress relief and entertainment for those who can relate to the challenges of dealing with difficult bosses. So, if you’re ever in need of a virtual outlet for your workplace frustrations, “Whack Your Boss” might just be the game for you!

https://youtu.be/ym27yJVz85o?si=iW-glihiA_uYkmQY

The Henry Stickman series is a collection of comedic point-and-click adventure games developed by Puffballs United. The purpose of the games is to provide players with entertaining and humorous gameplay experiences.

The series follows the adventures of the titular character, Henry Stickman, who finds himself in various comical and often dangerous situations. The games are known for their interactive gameplay mechanics, where players make choices that determine the outcome of the story. The choices often lead to unexpected and hilarious consequences, making the games highly replayable.

The first game in the series, “Breaking the Bank,” was released in 2008, and it was followed by several sequels, such as “Escaping the Prison,” “Stealing the Diamond,” “Infiltrating the Airship,” and “Fleeing the Complex.” Each instalment introduces new scenarios, challenges, and multiple endings, adding to the overall enjoyment and replay value of the series.

The Henry Stickman series gained popularity for its clever humour, engaging gameplay, and the freedom it gives players to explore different paths and outcomes.

This week was devoted to the user interface. I was anxious about this process as it was not something I had attempted before and was a new concept to me. The process including the heads-up display (HUD).

Creating the HUD involved following few key steps. First, I needed to plan out what information I wanted to display and how it would be organized on the screen. This includes deciding on the elements like health bars, ammo counters, and other relevant details.

Once I had a plan, I moved on to the design phase. This involved creating the visual assets for the HUD, such as icons, bars, and text elements. When researching I found out It’s important to consider the overall aesthetic and readability of the HUD to ensure it enhances the gaming experience.

[The next steps I would have followed when coding the HUD into the Game.]

Next, I’d implement the HUD into the game’s code. This involves programming the logic to update the HUD elements based on the player’s actions and the game’s rules. It’s a crucial element to test the implementation to make sure everything works smoothly.

Lastly, I needed to integrate the HUD into the game’s user interface. This included positioning the HUD elements on the screen and making sure they don’t obstruct the player’s view. It’s all about finding the right balance between informative and unassuming.

I learned on reflection the designing of the process was much easier than the coding of it I realised I needed to develop my skill set in coding to do this I utilised YouTube tutorials and familiarise myself with the coding process.

Level Design;

Weeks 7-10 focussed primarily on level design. On week 7 I developed a scene a sailor moon scene where a fat man transforms into sailor – still resembling a fat man in a sailor uniform. The antagonist tread miller (a treadmill) was counterpart to the fat mans unhealthy lifestyle. The fat man feels it is his mission to destroy treadmiller to escape a life of health persecution. Week 8 focussed on the video game scene. I developed 2 scenes, one was a game and one was the “bong/tripping balls scene”. The game scene was based on the movie Kung Fury in a 8bit style. The fat man gets transported into his Gameboy and becomes a character in the 8-bit style until the end where he is transported back to the real world where ironically he was out of breath not from fighting everyone but from simply playing the game. The tripping balls scene – the ft man smokes a bong with his pig and gets high. He starts to hallucinate seeing vapour wave scenes with neon colours and grids akin to the matrix. Chill music plays with images of him flying the sky with his pic. At the end of the scene he comes out of his high confused. Week 9 the rock scene based off the movie bill and ted. the user clicks on guitar and the fat man gets up under a beam of light and he then plays guitar with the pig playing drums alongside him. The bed/dream scene had both a censored and uncensored version. The fat man makes way towards the bedroom waddling and working up a sweat he makes it to bedroom letting out a huge sigh and wanting to relax used the remote control to turn on tv to pig station (animal version of babe station) where he masturbated to pig-based porn. The uncensored version has a specific you had to have completed the get high scene first as a hidden/secret component to the game. The scene is similar however instead of watching pig station he hallucinated his pig is a big beautify bust woman and proceeds to have sex with the pig.

End Game;

I decided I would work on the ending to the games. As a result of his behaviours within the game and unhealthy lifestyle choices within the fat man will die, however if he refrains from bad choices he lives happily ever after with his beautiful sow.

This week on reflection of all the processes I felt I had a creative version of writer’s block and had hit a creative wall impeding me from developing this further.

Week 12 “Hard Reset”;

On reflection of the aforementioned ideas, I felt it was best to redo this element of the creative process. I scrapped these ideas and returned to the brain storming phase of the process to generate new ideas. I decided that I wanted to develop a game despite being recommended by tutors not to develop a game so I brainstormed the transformers game Idea and generated a 2d animation of my plushies Spot the dinosaur with his girlfriend entitled “The adventures of Spot and Dot”.

On reflection as I was recommended to do animation over game, I felt as I had more experience in 2d animation it would be easier to relearn 2d animation rather than completely learn 3d animation from scratch, but was advised as I wanted to go into 3D industry I should do the Transformers instead.