With the design stage out of the way I could now focus on the 3D modelling itself, this would require my knowledge and skills to create my best model using Autodesk Maya.

Through our in class tutorials I was able to recap and reacquire my knowledge for a variety of different 3D modelling techniques, and I already had already taken the initiative to start creating a basic sword layout. After importing the reference images I had created into Mayas front plane view, I started work on my unique transforming sword.

The modelling process was pretty straight forward throughout designing of my transforming sword and shield, but problems started occurring when I tried UVing and exporting the model to add textures to it in substance painter. I didn’t want to cause anyone hassle so I decided to look at YouTube tutorials to see if they could point me in the right direction of what to do, this instead lead to me becoming more confused and I began stressing so I asked Henry for help. He was able to show me clearly how UVing was actually quite easy and not much to stress over once I got going.

The end products on Sketchfab looked a lot better than I was originally expecting and I was pleased to pull of the 3D modelling project even with some additional set backs along the way.

https://sketchfab.com/NovaRayX