Academic Paper Reflective

This article looks at the cultural framing of Walt Disney studios computer animated films in a art-historical nature and its evolution from the 1930s to 1940s. It looks at the advances the studio has made in style and digital effects. This article also expands on the term ”Disney Baroque” which describes the playful transformations of digital aesthetics and effects which are present across the nine studio films released between Wreck-it Ralph (2012) and Encanto (2021) most of which where great successes and how European art history provides valuable cultural language on how new media related technologies have made big changes in social, cultural, aesthetic and political experiences.

This article was quite difficult to read and understand, there was a lot of language I did not really understand and made certain areas quite confusing such as ”chiaroscuro”

I really struggled with this assignment as it involves a lot of reading and as I have dyslexia it can be very frustrating at times. I also struggled to understand the content of the article in general and am very unsure on how to properly analyse it.