Character and asset designs

This is the concept/original design for the Raccoon. For these drawings, I was trying to get used to drawing raccoons and figure out where to put the markings for the fur. For the colours I ended up colour picking for the Raccoon images I was using as a reference. I wanted the colours of the Raccoon to stand out against most drawings of cartoon Raccoon by using the browns instead of greys.

Base colours for the Raccoon.

Once we had a better idea of how we wanted the art style to look like I began to draw the raccoon character.

I wanted it to look like the Raccoon had a mask around its face.

These are my character sheets for the Raccoon character.

The art style is different from other Saturday Morning art style as it has coloured line art which is often seen in cartoon shows for younger kids mainly shows for little girls but, it is drawn in a style that can appeal to an older target audience. It has thinner line art then the mlp art style but thicker than looney Tunes. The eyes are one solid colour without any line art and no pupils.

Notes comparing the game Art style with other art styles.

These are very rough concept of the blocks for the game. I almost forgot to do design the block so I had to quickly come up with som place holder ideas/concepts and I will have to later on develop these concepts into the final designs for the game.

The power ups for the game will most likely been drawn in the same way as the blocks.

These are two shape blocks for the game. I made an L shape and a Line shape. The block outline needs to be thicker in the future.

I have written some small notes on the black designs as a rough guide.

First concepts of powers ups. These will most likely be redesigned and are not what will be in the final product.