Graphic design

For the first day of our graphic design class with Pauline we had to design simple thumbnails for different words. We had to come up with the thumbnail ourselves and let the words given to us inspire us. We had two design two different ideas for each word. I chose a 3-colour pallet so that I could keep a running them and that all the thumbnails could look like they were part of a collection. Out of these thumbnails my favourites had to be the fortune cookie design for the word fold, the ratio diagram for ratio, the wave stich pattern for the word pattern.

Out of these designs my favourites were the string design for layer because the simplistic string design didn’t over crowd the overall piece and also kept to the original graphic design style. The combination of random shapes for the word random really created a fun and playful vibe to the whole piece. The modular cat for the word modular really made me consider adding an object to these thumbnails, I liked the abstract and simple cat shape to the mix and I really enjoyed making it.

We then had to choose the top 12 designs and create them digitally. You were allowed to use figma or procreate and I used procreate because I felt like it was easier and let me have more creative freedom. I really enjoyed this class and would definitely love to do it again because I feel like this is something I could do in the future.