Coloured Thumbnails

Continuing on from previous thumbnail work we were tasked with creating two thumbnails, with the aim of incorporating colour to create a tone for the current worlds we were working on. Below you can see my two thumbnails:

I created two thumbnails with the idea of trying to make a stark difference between them. The Lava thumbnail is the location of where the humans live and I wanted to show that the world humans are living in is a very unpleasant place for them. By having the landscape mostly dark and dull it creates a bleak and boring feeling, but even in the little bit of colour they’ve got they need to be wary of the dangers it poses.

The acid cave is the location of the bugs and I gave them a colour palette of green and brown to create an earthy feel we naturally would associate with bugs. The green used is a much more acidic looking green than an earthly green though as I wanted to show that all is not normal, I feel the green I used clearly shows that this is some sort of radioactive waste rather than a natural product of the earth.