For the fifth week at IXD we had a chance to have a one to one feedback session with Kyle to allow us to talk through our ideas of sites further, discuss our progress so far and the expectations we had for the end of the project. This class allowed us to have the opportunity to bring up any issues or confusions we were having with our code editor or with using Webflow.

Week 5:

I found this class very helpful as it allowed me to focus in on what I have already been designing and creating. At the point in the project I have created my home page, nav bar, footer (contact) and my portfolio section using Webflow. I took the opportunity within this class to get further feedback from my classmates and get some hands on help with sections of my site that were causing me issues. Getting to sit and talk through the problems face on allowed me to understand clearly why areas of my site were breaking and how to resolve these in the future if they were to occur again.

Overall I have restarted my site 4 times using Webflow before I have started to get the hang of it for this weeks class and I would have loved to have had a case study started but just getting the basic of the functions of Webflow took me longer than I expected. However, I am still waiting for my Webflow discount code to allow me access to the student accounts to gain access to more pages to design on so currently I am still focusing on adding to my home and portfolio pages.

The feedback that I got from my class and my lecturer once again were strong but I could tell this time around after making changes to my high resolution designs that I was on track to the creating a good overall designed site. The redesign of my home page specifically was what I got the best reaction from as it was something that numerous people brought to my attention that they loved the background image used of myself, the colours matching the branding and the scroll down option to welcome them to the site.

Portfolio – 

My portfolio page is still a working progress but the structuring behind where I am going with the overall design I am pleased with. For this section of my site I want to include all areas of my work that will include my process behind how I complete a digitally designed project as well as links to other pages of my 3 case studies which is an area that I am still working to design on for this page. Once again the feedback I received from my class was positive and they also enjoyed the structuring behind the layout of my pieces and the idea of how I will showcase my process and projects within this sections when explained.

To conclude overall this was a really fun class and I genuinely enjoy the chance to just catch up with my design and get face to face opinions with others as well as getting the chance to see others ideas and scope of designs for their websites. I felt a lot more confident coming out of this weeks class knowing what I was facing and how I was going to move forward as well as knowing that I am going strong with my 5th week into this course. I’m looking forward to keep going ahead with my designs on Webflow to complete this project overall and hope in the coming weeks we get more class like this weeks one.

For next weeks task we have been ask by Kyle to have the home created (complete) and two case studies. I feel confident that with my high resolutions designs completed and more awareness of using Webflow that by next week a large amount of this project will be completed for a soft critique.