Modern Bank Brand – App Screens

Master Apprentice App Screen Designs

As my modern bank brand is targeted towards the younger age group and focuses on more modern forms of banking and finance like cryptocurrency and crypto assets I wanted to draw inspiration from a couple of different applications that already exist either working within the cryptocurrency industry or modern banking as a whole like Monzo and Starling bank. I chose to try and replicate the user interfaces of Coinbase, which is a cryptocurrency application that would have similar features that my brands applications, in addition to Monzo as I use their app on a daily basis and find the interface extremely easy to navigate which is what my brand is aiming for.

I found this task extremely interesting as it allowed me to see how these applications were designed and what sort of spacing and sizing they were using throughout the applications in order the achieve consistency throughout the user interface, the two applications varied in terms on sizing and spacing with images, components and typography but the majority of the elements had a lot of similarities which made me realise they were both probably based around the Material Design system or Apples Human Interface Guidelines.

I have included some examples of these application interfaces to demonstrate the style of design I was trying to replicate for my own banking brand.

Monzo App UI

Coinbase App UI

I have included my banking app interface designs below to demonstrate how I drew inspiration from applications like Monzo and Coinbase.