Week 08 – Design History Presentation Critique

Personal Thoughts

On Friday 12th November 2021, we had our group presentations for our second project of IXD 102 – Introduction to Communication Design. For my group we decided to revolve our presentation around the Bauhaus School of Design and the Bauhaus Design movement in the early 1900’s as we felt like this would be a good topic to talk about in addition to it having major relevance to work both personal and in university projects.

Personally I thought our presentation went really well as we had finished our presentation in just over 10 minutes which was what was being asked in the brief for the project. After receiving some of the feedback for our presentation I would have to agree that the presentation needed more visual content to allow us to demonstrate the points further to the class, this was something I had initially asked the group to do for their own sections as it would allow them a better insight on what to say about the work and how it related to the Bauhaus Design movement. Another comment was that some members of our group should have sat down and tried to learn their lines for each slide they were presenting as it got a bit predictable when reading from the presentation slides, in my opinion I would have to agree with this as if I was on the other end of the presentation I would loose interest as soon as I realise I am reading the exact same as what is being said, this would have included a small amount of engagement into the presentation which would have went a long way.

Overall I am happy with the outcome of our Project 02 – Design History Presentation and really enjoyed conducting research into the Bauhaus Design movement, the Bauhaus Design School and key designer profiles from the Bauhaus design movement.