Week 10 IXD301 Character Development

Continuing with the thought that I was simple characters within my app I decided a Humpty dumpty style character would really work, I knew I could relate to what kids already knew and also give these characters elemental names as can be seen on the right. I decided this idea didn’t really work as I had to write them out in a way that kids could read, such as “NEE ON” kind of like an alien name but also an element this would teach kids how to read the names but not spell them correctly so I decided to get rid of it.

Given the space theme, I decided that the eggs could build a rocket over time through different collectibles within tasks, bring the eggs from a pre-historic time period to a space-age time period this would encompass two of the children’s interests I defined through research.

To create the character I used the pen tool on adobe illustrator to get the outline of an egg I downloaded from google images, I then created a couple of mustaches using the same technique to create and recycled some parts to create different characters, to further make the characters individuals I changed the color of the eggs.